Better Breakfast Series: Suggestions?

I love breakfast food, as many of you already know. And a good breakfast isn’t all that hard to find, but finding a great one is a thing of beauty. There are literally hundreds of places around Atlanta where you get find a satisfying plate of eggs and bacon. But how many places are there were you can truly get something unique?

I have decided that the first real “series” that I am going to attempt will be dedicated to the pursuit of breakfast perfection in Atlanta, and I need some suggestions people! These do not have to be just breakfast spots…if it is a restaurant with a notably great brunch service (H&F, Einstien’s, etc.) that definitely qualifies.

Because I am lazy, I will retroactively add the West Egg Cafe post as the first in the Better Breakfast series, and my review of Rise N’ Dine should be completed shortly. Other spots I plan to include are: Sweet Mellissa’s, The Flying Biscuit, Goldberg’s Deli, and Einstein’s.

I’m going to try to avoid chains, unless they are an Atlanta born franchise, like Flying Biscuit. So, don’t bother suggesting J. Christopher’s, please. And I’m doing Waffle House, because it is often the measuring stick by which most restaurant breakfasts are compared, for better or for worse.

I want to find the breakfast that you can’t find anywhere else. If you love a place just because it is on your way to work and they have great waffles, it might not be fit for this. But if they serve even a single breakfast dish that you would drive half-way across town to get into your mouth, I want to know about it.

I’m not going to over-reach and commit to doing X number of posts in this series per week, but I will try to get as many in as I can in the least amount of time. Once I put some more clear thought into this idea, I will probably come up with a ranking system. Or not. Time will tell.

So, I’d like to hear from the people….what is YOUR favorite breakfast spot in town and why should I include it in this series?

No related posts.

This entry was posted in Atlanta Dining and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

8 Comments

1. Posted November 19, 2009 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

Are you planning to do just American breakfast or ethnic as well? Nothing beats a hot bowl of Korean jjigae in the morning. The spicy ones (soondubu, kimchi jjigae, etc.) are even better in the morning after too much of a good thing.

• LTF
      Posted November 19, 2009 at 6:49 pm | Permalink

I’m definitely not married toAmerica breakfast…in fact, mixing it up a little would probably be good….any good Korean places in town that serve breakfast?

• Posted November 19, 2009 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

Myung Ga Won in Duluth is always a solid choice with a variety of dishes and it’s open 24 hours. There’s a 24 hour soondubu place on BuHi that’s also not bad. Pretty sure it’s called 88 Tofu House. Haven’t been back for awhile.

2. Posted November 19, 2009 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

sun in my belly is my favorite and radial can be quite good and different too!

3. Posted November 19, 2009 at 11:26 pm | Permalink

Hit Silver Skillet on 14th Street. Classic – hasn’t changed in forever.

4. Sally
    Posted November 20, 2009 at 9:53 am | Permalink

The Original Pancake House

5. diana
    Posted November 20, 2009 at 11:02 am | Permalink

Highland Bakery is my favorite. Holy Yumminess!!

6. William
    Posted November 20, 2009 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Noon Midtown – best breakfast in town. I still can’t decide if I like The Stack or Shorty better – both are delicious!